Family and Multi-Family Work with Psychosis provides a practical step-by-step guide for professionals treating psychosis using family work.
The authors draw on over ten years of experience working with family and multi-family groups where there are members with a psychotic disturbance. They provide helpful guidance on vital issues, including setting up initial group meetings, crisis intervention plans, group structure, problem solving and communication in the group. Subjects covered include:
- the stress-vulnerability model
- the group structure and framework
- family-work in early psychosis
- working with families of people suffering from psychosis and substance misuse
- what can the family do to be of help and support?
This accessible, jargon-free guide will be of great interest to anyone interested in investigating the potential for using family work to treat those with psychosis.